Saturday, October 13, 2007

Disciples and the Modern world

We are all Disc's ready to be filled with God's Love. This whole Project of helping the Homeless get onto higher ground than where they are now got started not too long ago by a lady most people Know as Miss Jessie. Jessie Goodrum a name that is literally a play on words, just like I did with Disciples in my lead in sentence. I saw it the first time I had it spelled out to me, But I see things that some other folks might not at first notice, habits of breaking words down so that I can spell them and remember the names with the faces. Being a word smith myself I have noticed that Miss Jessie is a soothing tonic for the Homeless that she helps.

She is Proactive rather than Reactive. She helps those that want to get out of the position that they are in rather than those that want to work the system for the freebies that they can get. I have known her for just this year having met her around the end of December because I started hunting for work in the field of helping the homeless and I met her literally the first day that I went to a feeding station under the Broadway Street Bridge here over in Little Rock Arkansas, where they serve breakfast of boiled eggs and donuts, coffee and juice or water. Miss Jessie is at the vanguard of the Movement that started over 2,000 years ago in a small Roman province. The Movement has gone through changes and bumps in the road ever since it started and still goes through changes even today.

I First saw her as a Spirited Lady, with a light in her eyes that you don't find very often, it was like looking into a bright light at the end of a tunnel knowing where it leads to. I am a visitor on this stage she has been performing on, due to my own life, but all during my many months the one constant feature has been Miss Jessie's fire and convection that things are changing for the better and that God will not let us stay weak and alone. As I pen these words ready for the web-page that Miss Jessie wanted, I think back over the months that I have seen her in action. I can see the Disciple and the Disc ready to be filled with data that the Lord fills all of our lives with, for a work that is never ended while the Sheep are still Lost and Scattered.

It is hoped that this site can be a clearing house of Information to help the people involved with this project, to better handle the volume of good information and contacts in the local area. Also to be a sounding board for those that need help and want to change their station as Homeless. If you have any Comments or Suggestions Please feel free to write us in the comment section of these posts or to write us at hush_the_homeless@yahoo.com Thank You and God Bless your every step in the road that you travel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.