Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Reactions you make in daily life.

The world is one of three different ways of looking at things; Proactive, Reactive, or Active. Jessie the founder of HUSH is very Proactive, I am very Active, and others involved are Reactive. That is okay. There is not one set way for you to act when it comes to how you relate to the world around you, but you are supposed to be truthful in your actions, and to follow Christ's lead.

I have noticed in the past 11 months that the world reacts a whole bunch of ways. I just got off the phone with my Step-Niece Amanda and after a few comments from me she asked if I had been getting enough sleep. You see I am Bi-Polar, but until recently I have never been medically treated for it and until these past 4 years I was not even for sure that I had anything wrong with me. A wife that had what they termed as bi-polar ( they later found out it was just extreme depression) told me that I had something wrong, but I never did anything about it. After she left and we had a few months of painful knowledge of the fact that she was never coming back and my Reactions to those set of facts, I moved on and moved to North Little Rock. But when I got out of treatment for massive Blood clots in my lungs, legs and arms, and was a local Miracle in Huntsville and started getting treated for massive depression I was told that I started acting kinda crazy like by my family.

Well getting a second or fourteenth chance on life you tend to React in a way that most people just can not understand. I was on a road of Self Discovery that is still going on. I do act rather manic to most people I meet if I want them to notice me. I am after all a Performance Artist. In this case I maintain a Blog or 3 for myself and for HUSH and for other people. Being a Performance Artist I have a wild and crazy side and if I let it go to long it gets rather over the top and people of all shapes and sizes seem to notice that I am something different.

Here is where I can tell how people see me. They are Proactive, Reactive, or Just Active to me. But people do that in everything they do sometimes they can switch back and forth between modes. Though often they just stay in one mode. I have been out about downtown Little Rock for 11 months. Without much money, what little money I had, I had sold Items for it in a Yard Sale, or had asked my father to loan me some spending money. I started shopping in the stores of the River Market and was in the mood to Help the Homeless in some way or fashion, but was not being very active in it, because I had found a little Slice of Heaven. Up above I mention Amanda, on the phone just a while ago I asked her if Heaven had Pergo, she paused and said yes I am walking around in Heaven right now and I laughed. She asked if I had been getting enough sleep, even though I was explaining that we make Earth what we want it to be. I want Parts of Heaven to be paved in Pergo, Marble, Granite counter tops and the best Kitchen gear that money could buy. I am not crazy, I don't need meds if I think that at times I am walking around in Heaven. When I mentioned to several people that I thought I was walking about in the halls of Heaven I was met with smiles and people stopped what they were doing to listen to my bright Ideas. They were Reactive, to my Always Active nature.

Later when I started working in the region where you find Jessie the most, the Reactions were different and I could not figure out why, I was the Same Person, it was them that were different. People who see homeless people all the time Tend to see them in everyone that carries a backpack, and might or might not use a walking stick. I had until this past Sunday a walking stick that was 4.5 feet long, a weapon in experienced hands. They labeled me as a homeless person. Even homeless people labeled me. If I were out with the RainBow Family they would label me a vagabond backpacker and Hiker loving nature and not a Homeless person, though the RainBow Family is a loose organization that meets all over the place and I have recently had a mind to go see what their meetings were like. They remind me of what the early Christians must have been like, meeting in the different cities of the Old World in the turning of B.C. to A.D. Those early Christians helped each other and I would hope rarely labeled people and treated them different just because of a backpack and walking stick.

I now do not ask people for their cell phone number because of this kind of Reaction, I am Active all the time, I tell them mine and Offer to help them in any way possible, just call me and I will find you help. For your information my cell phone number is 1-501-551-1961 That is how Active I am.

I have a full list of people I call on a regular basis because they have Reacted to me in a ProActive way by giving me theirs when I give them mine. I know Police officers on a first name basis, Most of them I call Officer, or Sir or Mame, but I do know several of them by their first and last names, even going to church with several retired ones. Police in downtown Little Rock know me by my first name and Know I am not homeless, but they do know that I am bi-polar and they do watch out for me making sure that my meds are working for me and that others do not bother me overly badly, but they do that for everyone after all it is their job to protect and serve.

As a Christian I Protect your faith, trust, hope and LOVE and I serve you, by being Proactive, Reactive and Active.

Which are you? How do you see others? How do you treat others once you know who they really are?

Charles Edward Owens Junior
Internet and cellphone felicitater.

No comments: